My therapy rate is $150 for each 50-minute therapy appointment. Payment is due at the time of the session.
Fees for private psychologists are not covered by Nova Scotia Medical Services (MSI). As a registered psychologist, I have found that my fees are usually reimbursable through private health insurance companies such as Blue Cross, Great West Life, Manu Life, etc.
Given that private health insurance plans vary depending on your group plan, you are encouraged to contact your health insurer prior to your appointment to determine:
- if your plan covers the services of a registered psychologist
- how much coverage you have each year for each family member
- what time of year your insurance coverage starts over (renewal date)
- whether or not you need to provide your insurance company with a physician’s referral
- how to submit your claim for reimbursement
If you do not have private health coverage, you will be provided with a receipt which can be used as a medical expense for submission as a claim on your income tax return.